History of Hoon-in
Hoon-in was founded by Nyokai priests who are the disciple of Shinga priests of Joganji Temple.
A lightning strike destroyed the temple, but it was restored by the monk Ninga around 1190.
The temple issue was changed to Hoon-in in response to the order of Ninnnaji Hoon-in around 1648.
It is reported that Tosei, a disciple of the famous haiku player Basho, brought Basho's bone to Hoon-in.
■ denomination: Koyasan Shingonshu
■ The central Buddha statue: Dainichi-Nyorai